Wednesday, January 6, 2010

3 days 23 hours 17 minutes and 40 seconds

I am excited for the weather.
But I will miss seeing my nieces and nephew everyday.
I am excited for the embraces of the kids at the orphanage.
But I will miss talking to my family everyday.
I am excited for furthering the friendships I have made with the children.
But I will miss my best friends.
I am excited for the adventure that God is taking me on.
And although I will miss so many people and things, giving a year to Go Ye Ministries will be one of the best years of my life.

A friend told me she wants to graduate but she is not looking forward to having to work everyday like I am going to have to do. I told her "But when you have your dream job it's different. Working with 40 kids everyday, loving on them and making sure they are safe and taken care of makes me feel super blessed! I know it will be stressful but I wouldn't have it any other way!" I went on to say that you "Just gotta find the right one. The one that is worth any bad that is thrown your way because all the good outweighs any bad that could possibly happen!" Because life is not always stress free. That is just how it is.
But I am so thankful and blessed for the opportunity to serve in Peru.
I am honored to be a part of the ministry and to work with all of those beautiful children.
I just hope that they can see more of Christ and less of me everyday.

No comments: