Thursday, September 2, 2010

Contemplative

I feel like I stopped believing in myself somewhere along the way and as a result, I have held back from all the desires God has placed in my heart. Even in Peru I felt like I was holding back from all that God had for me. And that is sad to admit, but it is true. I feel like because of the rejection and pain I have encountered throughout my life and especially within the past two years has been a crutch for me to not be the best I can be.
I started reading Become a Better You: 7 Keys to Improving Your Life Every Day by Joel Osteen and I am only on like page 20 and I am getting SO much from it. Truths that I already have known or heard throughout my life but mean so much more to me right now where I am at in life. I am soaking it all up and it is great. I love it.
I do not want to live in fear and I do not want to live as though I do not deserve to live the life God has for me. He put desires in my heart that He wants me to carry out and I do not want to die knowing that I did not give my all and allow God to fulfill His dreams and desires in and through me!
I want to press forward, despite my failures, because God loves me despite my mistakes. In my weakness He is strongest!

No comments: