Saturday, November 15, 2014

Life is So Short...

To be living in the past, or living a lie, or to live on pause, or not living at all. We have but this life to live and love our Savior and to love others and show them His perfect love. How can we sit here and think we are better than others, more deserving, or be judgmental or hate. God said love the sinner, hate the sin. So that does not mean we get the option to judge or hate the person who lives in sin. We are supposed to live the example in love and let God do the rest. He is the only one who can judge because none of us are perfect. Even as we love and live for God we fall short and sin. But we do have the choice to live in sin and we need to know the difference.
True repentance means turning away from the things of the world. We are to live in the world but not of it.
I am so blessed to be here and to be reminded of all the little things that really matter, like family and friends and spending time with them, loving on them and reminding them who they are in Christ. I am so not perfect and I can be a hypocrite at times because I struggle in the faith often but I love God and I so desperately want to live my all for Him and I so desperately want others to know His love. His love is so perfect and beautiful and compassionate and forgiving. He takes away the pain, wipes away the tears and gives us peace and  comfort and hope. It definitely does not mean that life all of a sudden becomes easier or that we will not have problems because we will. Its the way of the world and we live in it so there will be times of great difficulty. But we have the one who can bring us hope and strength to endure those times. And if we do end up dying, we have hope in Him that we have died but we are alive with Him in heaven, free of all pain and difficulty.
Anyway, not trying to preach to anyone, but myself maybe. It is just my way of expressing my thoughts and you can agree or disagree, that is fine. I just have to be honest with myself and anyone who may be reading.
Today we will have time with family and maybe some friends. We are going to just take these last days in, every moment and hopefully get more pictures in. We do not have any set plans except tomorrow to go to the pools. Otherwise, we are just hanging out with family as much as possible. I hope you have time this weekend to be with your loved ones and share with them your love, the love of the Father and to bask in His precious love.
With all our love,
Rita, Brian & Britan

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love this, you have a good way with words. Good reminder to love more judge less.