Friday, December 26, 2014

Sentimentality

As my son is approaching 2 years this weekend, I am saddened that my best friend is not here to share it with us. Yes, I have other best friends but one friend does not, nor can it replace the other. My best friend died almost a year ago shortly after her birthday. Very unexpectedly.
It broke my heart to see her leave behind a young son and also to not be able to say goodbye.
It still breaks my heart today that her son is growing up without her and that he may not be in the most stable of environments. I being the godmother feel a sense of duty and as a best friend, to protect him but I am unable to do so since he lives so far away.
But God knows. And I cannot believe that He would let her pass without fully knowing that her son would be left without a mother. He is with him, protecting him, I know this. But it still does not make it easy.

I just wish I could pick up the phone and call her and talk with her about all the details and then share pictures with her. Although we lived miles and miles apart, we were kindred spirits. She struggled though greatly and I know she is at peace now with Christ. But it still brings me to tears that she is not here and I still get all sentimental thinking about plans we had for our futures, for our sons to meet, to go to Disney, and to forever be in each others lives.

I still have hopes that our sons will one day meet. God knows the plans He has for us. And even if it is not this side of heaven, I trust in Him and in His goodness.

No comments: