Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Shared this with Emily

In chapel today, we were worshipping. Look up Brooke Fraser (Desert Song girl) on youtube and find her song "You'll Come."

Beautiful song. But anyways, we were singing another song and Dr. Mark Rutland, our President of ORU came onto the stage and talked about how so often songs begin with Me, My, I and how they are not "God-centered" and we started singing "Turn Your Eyes Upon Jesus" and it was the closest I ever felt during worship, my mind completely cleared and focused on God. And this vision came to me. It was of Jesus dying on the cross for our sins. And in that God was saying, you're looking at it the wrong way. God said in my mind and to my heart, Jesus died for me. He died out of obedience to me because he loves ME so much. Not because he loves you.
It hit me.
It was so much more beautiful. And such a challenge. That Jesus sacrificed himself out of love for his Father. The same we are to do for Him.
What a beautiful revelation.

1 comment:

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

That is beAutIful! Thanks for sharing!