Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Bravehearted Gospel by Eric Ludy

This is one amazing and impressive book. I've had the book for many months and every time I picked it up to read, I felt so energized afterwards. It really speaks truth in such a more necessary way.
Here are some quotes:

"My point is that ardent love leads to ardent loyalty. I love Jesus. And in step with my ardent love for my King, I give up my mind, my heart, and my body for Him to define according to the pattern of His kingdom. I am exclusively His. And therefore, it is His thoughts, His ideas, and His manner that shapes me--nothing else..I made the choice long ago that if anything--no matter how true it may sound--violates the words of my King as revealed in Scripture, I will treat it as the most dangerous lie."

"To yield our minds, hearts, and bodies to anything but the truth as revealed in Scripture is to sleep with the enemy."

"Why is it that quite often the only person who gets rebuked, confronted, or called out in metrotheistic Christianity is not the sinner, but the one taking a stand against the sin?"

"If the church were half as afraid of sin as it is of legalism then she would be a perfect and holy bride without spot or wrinkle."

"The bravehearted life is a life lived where Jesus lived--a life spent on the same things Jesus spent His life on."

"He came for the destitute, the enslaved, the prostituted, the addicted, and the diseased. He came for the naked, the lonely, the suicidal, the broken, and the battered. He came for you. He came for me. He took on flesh and He dwelt among us. He was not untouched by our infirmities."

"Isaiah said that in the day of judgment God will sweep away the refuge of lies so that all who have made lies their refuge will stand naked before the One who is the Truth and who is the Light."

"Do we not realize that God's problems are by their very nature, our problems? Do we not realize that we are His body? We are His hands to serve the least, we are His might to swing His sword, we are His army to crush the jaws of the wicked and to rescue the dying from their fangs. We are His feet to leap the high wall, rush into the fray, engage the oppressor, and dart for safety with His treasure in our grip. We are His mouth to command the forces of Hell to fall back in obeisance, to preach the words of hope to the masses, and to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor."

"And when we yield our bodies to Him, He moves us to action. He loves through us, He prays through us, He become a father to the orphan through us, He rescues the oppressed through us, and He demonstrates His holiness through us. It is not us that pull off this miracle, but Christ working in us."

"When you feel the sting of God upon your conscience, that is conviction, not condemnation. When a Spirit-born message makes you squirm and your soul is sweating under the intense warmth of God's white hot searchlight, that is conviction, not condemnation. Conviction is always present when the Spirit of God comes. There is always discomfort, always a squirm within the soul, and always an uncomfortable heat that is laboring to expose an inner rebellion. But such discomfort is given, ironically, in order to save us from condemnation not bring condemnation. This comfortable heat is brought in order to rescue us, bring us hope, and give us life abundant."

No comments: