Sunday, December 27, 2009

Family.

This Christmas, even though I did not get to travel to see specific family members, it was great to see the family that was able to come to us. We got snowed in and enjoyed our White Christmas. We had lots of fun, playing games, taking lots of pictures, playing with the little ones and catching up with each other. And just spending more quality time together.
I don't know if it was as special and important to them as it was me.
But I caught myself appreciating it, them more.
I may not have shown it but I definitely was taking it all in.
I mean I probably won't see my family for a year.
That is a big deal.
Because even going to college, I always had at least one family member nearby.
Now I am going into a place with people who I consider family, but are not the family that I have been around for the past 23 years. I will experience all of the different holiday's differently for the first time ever, without my blood family.
So many changes are coming and they are coming so rapidly.
I am so excited, don't get me wrong.
Just noticing things differently nowadays.
Forgetting a lot of the shortcomings and focusing mainly on the fact that they are my family and I love them dearly. That and I have learned so much from them each individually. I would not be who I am today without them.
I am forever thankful for my family.
And my friends.
God has truly blessed me.

No comments: