Wednesday, October 21, 2009

I love how God works

"You communicate to other people how to behave in your presence by the way you treat yourself."

"Boundaries are the rules of war and the laws of constraint that are dictated by our virtues."

1 Corinthians 15:33 "Don't be fooled by those who say such things, for 'bad company corrupts good character.' that doesn't mean that we can't have friends who are messed up, but the question we have to ask ourselves is who is influencing whom?"

If we do not demand respect by our character and countenance, we will not get it. People sense how we feel about ourselves and will treat us disrespectfully if we are putting off the vibe that we are not a man or woman of character or value. We must act like a princess if we want to be treated like a princess. If we act like we don't like ourselves, people will see that and will treat us as though we are of no worth or value.
So it is important to know who we are in the Lord and to walk that out in our speech and actions.

1 comment:

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

That is a good verse in 1 Corinthians! I think sometimes people think they can't be friends with people because they aren't christians or something like that. It's a good remind or who God really calls us to be.
Once my pastor was talking about character. I realized that I didn't really know who I was in Christ. I went through my bible and found and marked a lot of those. They have really helped me! Now it's like my favorite thing ever!