Tuesday, October 20, 2009

My beloved Peruvians

I finally talked to them.
And I almost teared up when all the audio stuff was not working.
We started doing webcam but only they could see me.
Then Kevin came and tried to fix it. But since it was not working, he brought Yhonson and Gerson into his room and let them talk to me on Skype while Betty tried talking to me on Maribel's msn.
I showed them my room and my house and outside of my house. But the boys only wanted talk in spanish so Kevin was translating.
But Yhonson said "Hola Ratita" and it made me smile from ear to ear!
And Betty told me "que es mi amiga mejor ratita"
So after the boys went to eat, Betty and I did webcam, we just had to type instead of talk. Only for a few minutes and then BETZABE was on the screen and I was like awww! And Gerson and Yhonson were with her. And I showed them my nieces and nephew and they saw my necklace and Yhonson asked me if "mi novio" gave it to me! I said I do not have a boyfriend! ha ha! And Maribel said that Yhonson had a girlfriend and he was like noooooooooooo!
And then she said, well he is in love with a girl, that is why he does not study! And I laughed of course and he was like nooooooooo! And I was like, Yhonson, you do not need to have a girl friend and you need to do your school work, ha ha!
They were sending me all those silly winks on msn messenger and I was laughing hysterically.
And I was sending them too. They have cool different one's that are in spanish.
But then their webcam stopped and they had to go back to their house so Maribel and I chatted for a few. They have a new girl named Carol and she is 14 years old.
And she said that God's really blessing them at the orphanage. And that they are praying for more help with the houses and for the kids to be able to go to a summer camp. And she asked us to help pray too. And to pray about presents for the kids at christmas time. A nurse volunteer is going to be there next week.
And she told me that I have really helped a lot, especially with the older kids and that touched my heart! And just so you know, Yhonson asked about both you Emily and Aimee.
If it would have been better with audio and all, I am sure others would have said hello but it just was not the best. Much more difficult typing the whole time.
Anyway, we are supposed to try again on Saturday when the audio is fixed.
I knew you'd want to hear about my chat!

1 comment:

AiMeE jOnEs ;) said...

Ratita!!! Awww I love it! That is so exciting! Yhoson! I just love that kid! That is so exciting that you got to have some contact with them even if it wasn't a full blow convo. That might make it a little easier since u were nervous and all. They have a new girl...14 man I feel like that's a really tuff age to come into the orphanage. Summer camp huh? Fun times! I are they needing money or what? Christmas presents!!! I should see if I could get some people to send stuff! Do you still have the list? Thanks for all of those details! I love it!!! Makes me feel like I was right there with you guys!